Q. Does Walmart deliver to Ireland?
A. No. Walmart does not offer international shipping to Ireland, but it’s possible to use a package forwarding company as a middle man and get your order sent to them first and then forwarded to your address in Ireland.
Examples of US based package forwarding companies include: USGoBuy.com, PlanetExpress.com, and Borderlinx.com.
The big but!
However, even though it is possible to order from Walmart via a package forwarding company there are some reasons that you may want to shop at a company closer to home (Ireland or the EU).
- Import costs: Walmart is based in the USA, which means it’s likely that you’ll have to pay additional import costs when your order arrives at Irish customs. Irish shoppers do not normally have to pay additional import costs when ordering from companies within the EU.
- Warranties: While some companies offer their own warranties, if you’re reliant on Walmart’s own warranty, you may have to send your order back to the US if there are any issues. This can sometimes be costly and complicated.
- Returns: Similar to warranties, returning items to the US is usually more expensive than shopping at a company based within Ireland or Europe.
You may be looking at a product that’s exclusive to Walmart or that’s significantly cheaper on Walmart than it is elsewhere. If that’s the case, you may decide that, despite all of the potential issues above, it’s still worth shopping at Walmart.
Alternatives to Walmart
If you decide not to shop at Walmart, or want to look at some other options, here are a few alternatives.
- Amazon: Amazon.co.uk, Amazon’s UK store, is one of the largest e-commerce stores in the world. And, Amazon UK not only delivers to Ireland, but it offers priority delivery as well.
- Ebay: Ebay isn’t just for second-hand products: most of the items sold on eBay are brand new. As a major competitor to Amazon, particularly in Europe, it’s always worth looking to see if you can find what you’re looking for on eBay.
Similar US-based stores to Walmart include: